Prof. Ritesh Kumar
Ritesh Kumar Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-01332-284981 Website
- Finite element method and computational soil dynamics
- Smooth particle hydrodynamics
- Data assimilation
- Dynamic soil properties and liquefaction analysis
- Dynamic soil-structure interaction
- Physical and numerical modeling of liquefaction-related problems
- Reliability-based analysis/design in geotechnical engineering
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (2020)
- M.Eng. in Civil Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (2018)
- M.Tech. in Earthquake Engineering (Soil Dynamics), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India (2015)
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, COER Roorkee, India (2012)
- Assistant Professor, IIT Roorkee, India (Dec 20 ~)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, R-CCS RIKEN Kobe, Japan (Nov 20- Dec 20)
- Visiting research scholar, UC Davis, USA (Oct 18-Jan 19)
- Assistant Professor, GEU Dehradun, India (Jun 15- Jul 16)
- Research Student, LUH, Germany (Sep 14- Apr 15)
- GET, L&T Construction Pvt. Ltd. (Jul 12- Jul 13)
Honors and Awards
- MEXT Scholarship (2016-2021)
- DAAD Scholarship (Sep 2014 – Apr 2015)
- University Gold Medal (Batch, 2008-2012)
- Seth Roshan Lal Jain Trophy and Gold Medal for the Best Student of College (2012)
- State Certificate of Merit (2008)
- Certificate of Excellence by Fillip Foundation through IIT Bombay (2011)
- Winner of Kusth Mitao Abhiyaan Pratiyogita at State Level (2004)
- RIKEN-CCS, Kobe, Japan
- Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kyushu University, Japan
- Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
Journals (Last Five Years)
- Reliability assessment of the performance of granular column in a nonuniform liquefiable ground to mitigate the liquefaction-induced ground deformation (R. Kumar and A. Takahashi). "Georisk", January 2021.
- Reliability assessment of physical modeling of liquefaction-induced effects on shallow foundation considering non-uniformity in the centrifuge model (R. Kumar, K. Kasama, and A. Takahashi). "Computers and Geotechniques”, 122, June 2020.
- Centrifuge modeling of hybrid foundation to mitigate the liquefaction-induced effects on shallow foundation resting on the liquefiable ground (R. Kumar, M. Sawaishi, K. Horikoshi and A. Takahashi). "Soil and Foundations",59(6):2083-2098, December 2019 .
- Centrifuge testing to investigate the effects of partial saturation on the response of shallow foundation in the liquefiable ground under strong sequential ground motions (R. Kumar, K. Horikoshi, and A. Takahashi). "Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering”, 125, October 2019.
- Inelastic Response Spectrum for Seismic Soil-Pile-Structure Interaction (P.K. Emani, R. Kumar, and V.S. PhaniKant). "International Journal of Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering 7(2):24-34, June 2016".
- Liquefaction effects on inelastic displacement spectra for spatially variable soil deposits (R. Kumar, K. Horikoshi, and A. Takahashi), "17th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Sendai, Japan 2020"
- Development of hybrid foundation to mitigate the liquefaction-induced settlement of shallow foundation (R. Kumar, M. Sawaishi, and A. Takahashi), "7th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Roma (Italy) 17-20 June 2019”
- Centrifuge testing to investigate the effects of partial saturation on liquefaction-induced settlement of shallow foundation (R. Kumar and A. Takahashi), "Proceedings of 53rd Japan National Conference of Geotechnical Engineering, July 2018"
- Numerical simulation of centrifuge test on liquefiable saturated Toyura sand with level ground (R. Kumar and A. Takahashi), "Proceedings of 2017 JAEE Annual Conference, November 2017"
- Development of hybrid foundation to mitigate the liquefaction effects under large earthquake (R. Kumar and A. Takahashi), "Proceedings of 2017 Taiwan-Japan Symposium on the Advancement of Urban Earthquake Hazard Mitigation Technology, pp. 113-116, September 2017"
- Study of Interaction between Axial and Lateral Loading on Piles during Seismically Induced Liquefaction (P.K. Emani, R. Kumar, and V.S. PhaniKant), "6th International Conference on Recent Advances in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics, August 2016"
- Soil Parametric Study on Behaviour of Monopile (R. Kumar and B. K. Maheshwari), "Proceedings International Conference on Disaster Management (IDRiM-2015) held in New Delhi, October 28-30, 2015"